Sunday, August 14, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Hey all, so, I did not in fact fall off the face of the planet.  I've just been busy.  I'm back at school and frantically preparing for tomorrow morning (well, not right now, it is the Sabbath, after all) because I chose to go to a school that assigns hundreds of pages of reading to be done by the first class, which happens to be at 8:00 Monday morning.  Ah well.  That's not the point.  The point is that I'm back and finally posting pictures.  AND, because I've been so bad about this lately, I think that I have two pictures for each prompt.  





Here we go.

1. Against the light




The last week I was home, in the evening at sunset, the fields would have a layer of mist over them.  In my head these pictures turned out much better, but in my head I also own the best camera and lenses money can buy. 

2. Frame within a frame




I just got my first lens (other than the 18-55 mm that my camera came with) a few day ago and this is one of my new favorite tricks. 

3. Best part of my day




Food.  The end.  Okay, so it might not be the absolute best part of every day, but it's consistently in the top 3.


4. Buttons


So, this prompt was the only one that I didn't have to pictures for.  In fact the one that I have is a stretch, but legos have those little sticky-uppy bits that look button-like, right?

5. Ink



Nail polish, ink, it's all the same, right?



This one's a little more legit.  Every year at my school the incoming freshmen sign 'The Book' at convocation.  

Well, this was fun, but I have to go cry about all the work I have to do before tomorrow.  

Okay, I won't do that, instead I 'll be happy and enjoy my Sunday.

Also, don't forgot to enter my giveaway here if you haven't already.  Right now your chances of winning are pretty darn good.

15 comments:

  1. Love that frame in frame shot. Very creative.

    Kathy

    www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire set is really great - I love them all. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lego buttons! I love that trick with the lens! So amazingly cool! Beautiful silhouettes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those frame shots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pictures! They're all so artistic. Great job! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely creative Frames shots. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots-I love that trick with the lens..will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty... I absolutely LOVE the nail polish one. :)

    It was awesome meeting you today! Hope your excessive school reading goes well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed how to worked the prompts, but I am really loving the frame shots. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you finding your new lens? Try out some portraits?

    And I maaaaay have to copy off of you with the lens thing. As long as you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susannah: it was awesome meeting you too. Although I kept feeling like it was too weird to really be happening.
    Peter: I am getting some pretty decent portraits. Although I haven't had an opportunity for a proper photoshoot yet, so I haven't plumbed the depths of its abilities very much. It is a free country so you can do whatever you like with your lenses. Thanks for asking though, rather than shamelessly stealing my absolutely brilliant idea. (I feel it's necessary here, since we've never met and you might read this wrong, to point out that I am, in fact, being sarcastic.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I get your sarcasm. When you use it more you won't put it down. And feel free to do likewise on anything I pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set, love your frame within a frame shots, very cool!

    ReplyDelete