Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Breaking the Rules: Fourth of July Edition

I'm breaking the rules again.  Yup.  Because I'm a rebel.

I had a mini-photoshoot with my baby sister, Bella, tonight.  At least, I planned on having a mini-photoshoot.  I'm pretty sure what I actually had was an aneurysm.  Or maybe I just had another thing coming.  I'm not sure, it's all still a blur.

She's two, and while not thinking that she knows better than me (yet, anyway), is nearly impossible to photograph.  I almost wish she was ugly, so that I didn't have the urge to photograph her.

To begin with, she was a little too enamored of her outfit.  I thought that it would be a good thing because my last model *coughJubileecough* HATED her dress and spent most of the time complaining about her clothing.  But no.  It wasn't a good thing.


"Hey Bella! Look at me, sweetie. Bella! Bella? BELLA, I'M UP HERE!!!"



"Hey Jubie, look at my dress.  Isn't it pretty?"
I'm fairly certain she's ADD.  We should probably look into that, Mom.


"Oh, what's up THERE?"

I'm sure her uncanny ability to ignore the camera will come in handy when she's a famous movie star.

"Okay, let's just try some simple poses."


"I think that might be a *leetle* bit older than what we're looking for."



"OH, COME ON! REALLY?!?"
"Okay, okay.  How 'bout just a smile, just a nice simple smile."


"I don't know if I can do that."
"Just try, okay?"
"Okay. Like this?"


"Um, sure. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner."



"Okay, okay.  I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it like that."



"Okay, fine.  I forgive you."



At least her hair is photogenic. . .
and on that note I'll leave you with this. . .



This. . .



And this. . .



"The Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and give you peace."
"Bella, what are you doing?"
"I'm saying a benediction on all of nature."
"Okay, Bella, I think it's time to go inside now."



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. You should break the rules more often.

    ReplyDelete