Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hold On To Your Seats, Folks. . .

'Cause this is going to be a chatty post.  So, you all might remember this here post that I put up yesterday.  Well, at the end of that post I said something.  I said that I would try to put up another post tomorrow.  Well, if you all are the bright bulbs I think you are, you might notice that now, is in fact, tomorrow.  Or, in fact, yesterday's tomorrow.  And you might also have noticed something miraculous.  This post is when I said it would be.

Now the astute ones among you might be saying, "Cathy," (which would be odd because my name's not Cathy, so maybe you're not as bright as I thought you were.) "Cathy, what is this odd thing you are doing?  Keeping your word?  Doing what you said you would?  Posting on your blog?  What happened to your previous lazy, completely unprofessional attitude?  What have you done with real Cathy?" (I keep telling you, my name's not Cathy.)

Well, normally I have better things to do then try to improve myself by writing and meeting people and other useless stuff like that.  Usually, I prefer to stay up to ridiculously late hours listening to songs like this . . .


And this . . .


(Don't you like how I just snuck those awesome songs in there so unobtrusively?  You're welcome)

and editing pictures that I never ever ever ever post to my blog.  That is what I do with myself.  Well, no more.  At least not today.  If I were you, I wouldn't expect this shocking reformation to last.  

But, as long as I'm actually doing something, I might as well post some pictures.  Here are some pictures from the wedding reception which was held in our barn and was beautiful, magical and all things fluffy and romantic.  (The reception, not the barn, you sillys.  Barns aren't fluffy and romantic.)


We had an amazing team of volunteers who transformed our barn from it's normal barnish look into more of a movie barn look.


A ribbon curtain which I helped make with my own two hot-glue-scorched hands.


Oh yeah, you read that right.  ICE. CREAM.  For reals.


The drinks table overhung by the loverly bunting my sister made and the little blue hydrangea she painted.


Bella with my roommate Susanna, who made the trip down from good ol' Illi-noise.


My little sister Jubilee with another girl whose name also happens to be Jubilee.


My brother and his wife taking a walk.  Or a stand.  Whatever.


The bride and groom arriving.


So cute.


Double beautiful.


Paper lantern.  I should really find where this is and hang it in my room . . .


Beautissimous hand-picked wildflowers.


A stray flower girl.


O_o  Gettin' all romantic up in here.


And to top it all off, a good old American Gothic re-enactment pose because why the heck not?

Well, if you have made it to the end of this post, I applaud you.  Unless of course, you just skipped to the end to see what happened, in which case I have outsmarted you by having nothing of any worth to say.  Ha.  

Oh, and don't think this is really the end.  Oh no.  There's at least one good post worth of pictures left.  If not two.  Mwha.  Mwhaha.  Mwhahahahaha.

I feel like that's a bad note to end a post on, so I would just like to say to anybody who's made it this far:  I apologize.  It's late and I'm not fully in possession of my faculties.  In fact, I think a tuna-drunk platypus is drivin' this bus.  

P.S. If you made it this far, you should comment.  You know, like when people who climb mountains plant flags, etc.  Just plant a flag.

4 comments:

  1. Fun post! (high five for mumford and sons)
    I decided to comment right when I saw the first picture. Wonderful leading lines and composition. But all the wedding photos have been great. It's been nice to see them, especially since I wasn't able to come.
    Also a fun read. You should do this more often.
    PS I really was going to comment before you asked me. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks, Peter. Isn't Mumford and Sons the best? I'm glad you put up with my babbling. I woke up this morning and considered deleting it, and then I remembered how long it took to upload all the pictures and I decided to leave.

    Hey, Caleb said you and Sarah might be coming down for the ball?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't delete it! The writing makes it more fun.

    I want to come (I don't think Sarah is interested) but so far I haven't been able to get a ride. Pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete