Monday, July 19, 2010

Arts and Crafts, Anyone?

Lately, I've been on an arts and crafts kick.  I think it was brought on by Lindsey's flower-making.  Anyway, the last two days, I've spent half my time sitting at the table downstairs, gluing, cutting, sewing and generally making a mess.  Since I haven't had the time, or inclination, or money, to go and buy anything for my arts and crafts, I've used only things that were already floating around the house.  All I can say is that I sincerely hope Mom wasn't planning on using any of these things.  Hi, Mom.

I'm not going to make this one a How-to post.  I will post the materials I used, but I won't do a tutorial unless someone specifically requests one.  A lot of the projects are ridiculously simple and you can probably figure them out just by looking at them.


This one was inspired by, but looks almost nothing like, a bow I saw a little girl wearing while I was working.  
Design: mine
Materials:
Ribbon: blue, green
Hair clip
Jeweled button




This one isn't my favorite, but it's okay.  I wish the ribbon edging hadn't turned out so stiff.
Design: based on this one with some tweaks of my own.
Materials:
Button
Ribbon: pink
Synthetic fabric
Hair clip


I kind of like this one.
Design: mine (because I definitely take credit for the invention of the bow.)
Materials:
Ribbon
Hair clip


I like this gingham ribbon.  (Mercy has a very toothy smile, does she not?)
Design: mine
Materials:
Ribbon: blue and tan gingham
Two buttons
Hair clip


I really wanted to make some actual jewelry and not just fake flowers.  I ended up finding some elastic and awesome buttons and making this bracelet.
Design: mine
Materials:
Buttons
Elastic




I also found this awesome piece of lace and wanted to do something with it, but I didn't know what.  I found this length of thick red ribbon and made a cuff bracelet (my arm looks rather excessively hairy).
Design: mine
Materials:
Ribbon: red
Lace piece
Hook and eye closure




I think this might be my favorite one.
Design: mine
Materials:
Button
Wire


Last of all, a sneak-peek of the purse Lindsey designed and made.  All on her lonesome.

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Glenn would freak about your chipped nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually going to comment that same thing when I was writing the post but I forgot to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the lace bracelet and the ring are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete