Sunday, July 11, 2010

An Exercise in Narcissism? Possibly.

We finally got around to taking my pictures for the photo collage I'm making for my room.  It's going to have a portrait of each of us girls.  I like to pretend that the reason that this photoshoot didn't happen earlier is because there wasn't anybody at home to take my picture when I was available to have my picture taken.  I think the real reason is that I've become a bit particular about how my pictures look and I don't like not being in control.  I think this is probably a sign of some larger underlying trust issues.  Hmmmmm.  

Anyway, all the pictures in today's post are of me and taken by Lindsey.  


I was confused as to why *I* wasn't the one behind the camera.  *whiny voice* "But *I'm* the photographer. . . .Why can't *I* take the pictures?"


Oh, the *other* thing, I'm bad at modeling.  I never know what to do.  "Hey, let's see what happens when I turn my head to the side!"  Guess what, you get a picture of yourself with your head turned to the side.  Yup.  


Oh, guess who has a snaggletooth.  Guess.  ME, obviously.  You can see it if you click and make this picture bigger. 
 Moving on. . . 


Oh, look, I'm confused. Again.  I'm often confused.  Ask anyone, they'll tell you. 


A-WHA, do you see my raised eyebrow?  Do you?  I don't even know what it's doing.  Probably wandering off without proper supervision, as usual.


I don't even like this one.**  I just put it up because, as Lindsey was telling everyone (meaning two people) earlier, I'm in a *really* weird mood today.  In fact, I'll probably come back later and delete this post, so read it QVICKLY (yes, I spelled it that way INTENTIONALLY.) while it's still HERE.

I don't think that these posts are good for my self image.  I think I'll stick to posting pictures of other people from now on. 

**You know what I *do* like?  Huh, do ya?  My owl necklace.  I like it lots.  So does Brooke. . .but she can't have it.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! I don't know what you are talking about! They look BEAUTIFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the owl necklace too. In fact, I told you so long before Brooke did.

    So you should give it to me.

    Also: these pictures are lovely, and I refuse to hear otherwise.

    The comment about modeling and turning your head to the side reminded me of taking my senior pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO pretty!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete