Saturday, March 26, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Alrighty folks, it's that time of the week again.  That time when folks young and old flock to see. . .Scavenger Hunt Sunday!  

*Ahem*





Moving on. . .
Here are this week's contestants. . .



Decay:
*Warning: Slightly Cheating Picture Ahead*  This picture isn't really cheating. . . you just can't see the decay, but it's there.  I promise.  The buildings are part of a granary and they're pretty old.  Let's just say that I don't think that they would pass any safety inspections.



Groups of Three:
This is the picture I originally took for 'decay,' but I ended up wanting to use the picture of the granary also, and since this worked for 'groups of three,' I switched it up a little.



Kitchen:
I think that having (at least) one 'meh' picture every week is going to become a pattern.  However, the pretzels that my roommate is making in this picture were most definitely *not* meh.  Yummmm.






Things that Make You Go "Hmmmmm:"
I had some trouble with this one because I wasn't sure what kind of 'hmmmm' we were talking about.  I say 'hmmm' to a lot of things.  Weird things, intriguing things, things I see and want to make, things I see and never want to see again, etc.  I ended up choosing this picture because it intrigued me.  I found this mail sticker stuck to a light pole on my walk home from school.  I'm wondering if someone from my school stuck it there. In the corner, someone wrote in the word 'aves' which in Latin means birds.  And since Latin is a required course at my school, well. . .



"Me" Time:
On Friday I ended up having more time to prepare in the morning than I had planned for because the quiz I would have needed to prepare for was canceled.  I decided to do something with my hair, which was rather daunting/exciting since I'm the type of girl that struggles with putting her hair in a bun (I'm really not kidding.  Sad, but true).  Anyway, I found a link to this tutorial for a braid crown on a fashion blog I follow, and decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try it.  It didn't really turn out anything like the tutorial, but I was still pretty happy with the results.  Can anybody say "self-portrait time?" *guitar riff*

*KA-POW*



And there you have it, folks.  Join us again next week for another edition of (drum roll please) SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY.

19 comments:

  1. I was a little afraid I would do the wrong definition of "hmmmmm," but I like your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your decay shot...very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen picture somehow makes me want to eat pizza. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous but I'm especially intrigued by this brain crown. I've been wanting to do that but keep screwing it up. I might have to check out the "tutorial."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love shots. Your decay shot is beautiful never the less. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! Love the first one, and your selfie is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all your interpretations!! Great selfie shot :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahem....you're funny. Like your humor. Totally someone from your school stuck that Ave there, and I think of Hmmmm the same as you-something odd.
    Love that selfie. I don't "do" hair, but it looks good to me.
    Also love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decay photo is stunning and you did a great job on your hair! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like your kitchen picture the best. And that hair-do is super cute. I'm going to check it out, because I too suck at my hair.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the braid! That is no easy thing to do on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. all of your photos are superb! LOVE LOVE LOVE your braid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello
    Stopping by to check out your scavenger hunt finds...LOVE LOVE LOVE the braid looks like you did a great job. Decay photo is AWESOME
    Have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interpretations and those first 3 shots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!!! Your hair is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liked your me time shot. Your hair is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That rose shot is beautiful... and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also found "Hmmm" to be perplexing but your interpretation is way better than mine... all of these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete