Saturday, April 16, 2011

History Fieldtrip, or Historypalooza 2011: Part 2


At the Spalding homestead.


Yes, it's a dead fly.  I know, I'm the most tasteful person evah.








Blossoms.


There was a cemetery right next to the home site.  Most of the gravestones were for children under the age of ten.  This one is especially sad.  Twins born on Christmas and both dying the very next December.


I love the lichen growing in the etched ferns.


The ivy on this one is beautiful.


Sad.


Tolo Lake.


Tim.


Heather.


The show-offy cropduster that kept unnecessarily flying over our heads.


And reflections.  

I'm hoping to do Scavenger Hunt Sunday tomorrow, and then I have probably about two more posts worth of fieldtrip pictures, so prepare yourself.

1 comment:

  1. These two sets of photos are magnificent (as is your SHSunday). It really looks like a lot of fun! (I am quite jealous)

    ReplyDelete