Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Week 3

It's that time of the week again, and my goodness, am I unprepared for this.  So, here goes nuthin'.










High Key:
This is actually a picture I posted earlier this week.  It's a window in my sister-in-law's kitchen. It turned out quite horribly over-exposed, but I liked it.  This is SOOC and it was the only one that I could find from this week that had any kind of high-key lighting. (Don't you love her rhino butter dish?)





Bedroom:
A collage of a few projects I've done in my bedroom in the last couple of months. (L to R: Tulip window garden, necklace hanger, and birds on a wire above my bed.)






Something Tiny:
Since I don't have a real macro lens, I just did what I always do and cheat by using the reverse lens trick.  Here's the tutorial that first taught me this trick.





Off in the Distance:
Again, another picture I posted earlier this week.  I made this egg last Sunday and it reminds me of Summer which, right now, seems forever away.  I'm looking forward to the days when school is over and there are dandelion clocks blowing away in the wind.




Stripes:
And this one is an old one.  I took it over Spring Break just over two weeks ago, which already seems like it was years ago. (Just ignore the holes in the screen.  We're really not as ghetto as we might seem.)


20 comments:

  1. These are great! I was very impressed by your reverse lens trick - will have to give it a try! I also thought your egg was fabulous, cant believe the detail you managed to create on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your "something tiny" I have a reverse ring but I can never seem to get my shots that crisp and clear! Love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artwork on the egg is beautiful and I am totally excited about messing around with the reverse lens trick. SO cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shots, I love the stripes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The egg is so pretty... and I love the reflection in your Stripes shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your high key is definitely high key. Beautiful. The blue in that capture is really nice. I Also love your stripes shot. The reflection is gorgeous. It adds just the right touch. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo, I love your macro/tiny shot - I've never heard of the reverse lens technique. It's def on my list to try this week - thanks so much for sharing the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT!?! You are totally prepared :D I am lovin all of these shots. The high-key with the amazing blue tones = LOVE! Your birds in your room, how CUTE. And lovin' your little egg. You made that?!?! Very crafty. Lovely shots this week.... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your high key shot as well! The blues are fabulous :D & great job on the *reverse lens* trick! All are lovely interpretations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the tiny shot!! I sometimes forget to look for everyday small things. Nicely done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all incredible but I really want to try that lens trick now. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lens trick....gonna have to try to figure it out. All I'm getting is a big blurry mess. That Easter egg is really beautiful and your birds on the wire are great. But I love stripes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coin and stripes shots are pretty cool. I can't believe you got that macro effect with that trick, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your something tiny shot and the reflection in stripes is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots!! Love your reverse lens shot - clever! Love the freshness of your high key shot - so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yea, that egg is incredible. And as you know I also love doing that macro stuff. Awesome!

    hmm, it'd be great if they had some challenges like this for guys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photo with the reverse lens trick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your perspectives on high key and tiny. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete