Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Week 4

Here we are again.  This week I'm even less prepared than last week.   The prompts were difficult for me for some reason.  So, I think, this week I'm going to do what I do every week and rather than starting from the prompt and taking pictures accordingly, I'm going to take pictures that I took this week and shoehorn them into the prompts with my wildly imaginative and figurative interpretations.  He-he.







Motion:
Quail.  They crack me up with their little head-bobbles and odd running.




Waiting to Click:
I babysat three little kids on Friday.  This is Merry Blythe.  When photographing small children, it's always important to wait to click.



In Fashion:
Okay, this is probably going to be stretching it, but I really wanted to use this picture and I didn't manage to get the other picture that I was originally planning for this one. (See? I occasionally do plan stuff, it just doesn't work out.)  This picture is unedited.  I love it when pictures turn out so nicely that you don't have to edit them.  You're probably wondering how, without editing, I managed to get this lovely warm glow.  Well, my friends, it wasn't magic, I can tell you that much.  I have a pair of sunglasses that have a lovely yellow-red tint to them that make the whole world look sunny, and while I was outside studying in the sun yesterday, it dawned on me to use them as a filter of sorts.  I just stuck them in front of my camera lens, and out came some really pretty pictures.  Oh, yeah.  The fashion part.  Well, right now, this lovely warm glow in pictures seems to be very in fashion (Eh, eh? *elbow nudge*  See what I did there?).




Animal's Perspective:
One of the few pictures I actually planned and ended up taking for this challenge.


Many:
This is my dress collection, folks.  Yup.  33 of them.  Thirty-three. Count the hangers if you don't believe me.  The sad thing is that I even have a few more at home. I manage to justify all these dresses to myself because 1) a lot of them are from thrift stores or clearance racks and, come on, a dress is an entire outfit in itself, right?  and 2) I have to wear dress clothes six days a week.  So, I mean, in situations like this it's okay to own enough dresses to clothe a small country, right?

7 comments:

  1. These are so great - I love how your in fashion shot turned out. it looks way too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animal's perspective is amazing! Isn't SHS the funnest? (Funnest is a word...right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your many shot and very creative with the fashion shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped and counted 33 dresses... is that bad? And yes, your logic is impeccable- you need them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love you improvised filter! I'm going to try it as soon as I find sunglasses with a lovely warm glow like yours :)

    ReplyDelete